The first conference of the 2016-2017 Conference Series will be held on July 12-13, 2016 at the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) at Patrick Air Force Base.
The two-day conference will feature presentations from emerging nuclear experts along with keynote addresses from senior experts. Conference presentations and keynote speakers are off-the-record. Registration is now open and a draft agenda will be available in early June.
Call for Proposals
PONI is now accepting proposals for presentations for the 2016-2017 annual conference series. The conference presentations will focus on, but will not be limited to, the topics listed in the research agenda. Selected presenters will have the opportunity to work with a PONI mentor before sharing their research at a conference. PONI also uses these presentations to select members of the Next Generation Speakers Bureau, a collection of some of the best and brightest emerging nuclear experts. PONI is accepting proposals for all conferences in the 2016-2017 series.
Presentation proposals should be no more than 1 page (single-spaced) and should include the following:
- Your name and organization/school affiliation;
- Title of your presentation;
- Summary of your thesis or argument;
- Brief description of how your presentation contributes to new thinking on the topic;
- Your preferred presentation dates, if any.
- Please also include a resume in a separate file to your proposal.
Presentation proposals are due to Will Pittinos at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 27, 2016. Travel support is available to selected presenters lacking university or organizational funding.
2016-2017 Conference Series
- Summer Conference, Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC): July 12-13, 2016
- Fall Conference, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM: October 18-19, 2016
- Winter Conference, CSIS: December 6-7, 2016
- Capstone Conference, U.S. Strategic Command: TBD
The Conference Series, now in its thirteenth year, is unique in its emphasis on featuring rising experts and young professionals in the nuclear field. The Conference Series draws emerging thought leaders from across the nuclear enterprise and policy community, and provides them with a visible platform for sharing their new thinking on a range of nuclear issues.